UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 26, 2015

Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipsticks - Mac Lustre Lipstick Dupes

one little vice beauty blog: sheen formula drugstore lipsticks


Seventeen's Mirror Shine Lipsticks have been a favourite of mine for a long time. I really like how effortless sheer lipsticks are to apply and to wear, and Seventeen's Mirror Shine formula is one of the best I've tried. My favourite high-end glossy lipsticks are Mac Lustre Lipsticks, and I think that the Mirror Shine formula and colour pay-off is pretty similar. If anything, Seventeen's Mirror Shine Lipsticks are slightly less drying and more comfortable to wear - enjoying a slightly thicker and creamier formula, but offering a very similar finish on the lips.


one little vice beauty blog: affordable glossy lipsticks from the drugstore
one little vice beauty blog: comfortable hydrating glossy lipsticks


I've tried a few of Seventeen's Mirror Shine Lipsticks in the past, but I recently purchased two new shades; Pouty and Roasted Red. Pouty is a very pretty nude colour, it's just sheer enough so it doesn't leave you looking completely washed out but it doesn't have strong pink or brown undertones. Roasted Red on the otherhand is a very rich, almost raspberry, red shade that's similarly sheer and glossy. With the Mirror Shine Lipsticks, I find the lighter shades much easier to wear and apply as it's more difficult to get an even and precise finish with the bolder colours. However, I really like wearing both the shades I own, they're wonderful everyday choices and I reach for them more often than my Mac Lustre Lipsticks. I'd definitely recommend the Mirror Shine Lipstick formulation and I can definitely see myself picking up more shades in the future.


top: Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in Pouty
bottom: Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in Roasted Red


Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipsticks are available from Boots for £4.79


Share:

5 comments

  1. I have beehive which I think I probably bought on your recommendation☺️ Definitely tempted to get another now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them too! I'm a big fan of the formula and I think the shade range is pretty fabulous too :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard lots of good things about Seventeen lipsticks, I need to try them as I don't think I've ever owned one from the brand. x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried these, but I've read many positive reviews about them. Love the Roasted Red one. :)

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig