UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 04, 2015

Four Natural and Cruelty Free Day Creams Worth Trying

one little vice beauty blog: moisturizing day creams for normal, dry, sensitive skin


Over the last couple of months I've had the privilege of trying some really great new products - including a handful of natural and cruelty-free moisturisers. If you're looking to update your skincare routine and want to make some "green" additions then you might light to consider some of the brands featured in this post. I'm a long-standing fan of Living Nature's skincare range, but I hadn't tried that much from Burt's Bees, Caudalie or Bee Good before this year. I've been really, really impressed by all four brands, and as each of the day creams are quite different I think that they'll appeal to a range of people with varying skin concerns. 






Caudalie's Polyphenol Anti-Wrinkle Protective Fluid enjoys a light texture that's quickly absorbed into the skin. Not only is it packed full of hyluaronic acid and Vitamin C but it's also high in antioxidants to protect and shield your skin - along with SPF 20 to prevent sun damange. Unlike the other products I'll mention in this post, it leaves skin feeling particularly smoothed, which I imagine would help to plump and fill wrinkles giving the appearance of a more even and toned complexion. Caudalie's Polyphenol Anti-Wrinkle Protective Fluid also has quite a strong natural scent with a citrus note. It isn't particularly to my taste, but it's supposed to help uplift your mood when you apply it in the morning. This moisturiser is advertised towards all skin types but I don't think that it would suit those with seriously dry skin, but on my combination (dry/oily) skin it works very nicely.


natural, cruelty free nourishing moisturiser for dry skin: onelittlevice beauty blog



Living Nature is New Zealand's most popular natural skincare brand that has been making skincare for over twenty-five years. The plant actives used in Living Nature's skincare have been clinically proven to; speed up the skin renewal process, repair the damage done to your skin during the day (eg. free radicals, loss of moisture and UV damage) and promote cell repair, leaving you with fresher looking skin. Living Nature's Nourishing Day Cream contains Active Manuka Honey and Totara Extract (which helps to neutralize free radicals). It has a really rich and luxurious texture that offers skin a serious dose of hydration, leaving it feeling softer, smoother and plumper. I was pretty much an instant convert and I'd definitely recommend this if your skin is on the normal-to-dry end of the spectrum.


natural, green, cruelty free moisturisers: one little vice beauty blog



Founded by a husband and wife team back in 2008, Bee Good offers thoroughly British skincare products featuring the benefits of British honey, propolis and beeswax. The Honey & Wild Flax Daily Moisturiser is advertised towards normal and combination skin as it has a light texture, although it is very emolient and feels far more hydrating than I'd expect for a product with such a light consistency. It does have a slight honey scent, but it's all-natural and nothing too heavy - it's much lighter than the scent of Living Nature's Nourishing Day Cream. I really like Bee Good's Honey & Wild Flax Moisturiser for my combination skin because it gently hydrates my skin and leaves it soft, smooth and ready for makeup. The only real disappointment is the lack of SPF, but personally I do tend to apply an SPF 50 makeup primer after my moisturiser so it isn't too much of an issue for me. Overall, I love the light and creamy texture and I think it's an excellent moisturiser. If you'd like to support a British brand then definitely check out Bee Good's skincare range!


natural cruelty free day creams for sensitive skin: one little vice beauty blog



Burt's Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream is 99% natural and is designed for sensitive skin, so it's fragrance free and contains softening cotton extract to replenish the skin's outer layer and to protect it from skin irritants such as soap and cleansers. My skin is prone to reacting to products such as shampoo, so finding a moisturiser that's gentle enough to use on a daily basis that also helps to fortify my skin against irritation is a big deal. Burt's Bees Daily Moisturizing Cream contains rice extract and aloe help to smoothe skin, and although it has a lovely light consistency it's still very hydrating. Given the lower price point of this moisturiser compared to the others that I've mentioned in today's post, I think that it's definitely giving you a lot for your money. It isn't my favourite from the bunch - I think I prefer the Living Nature Nourishing Day Cream - but I do really like it and I'm far more likely to repurchase Burt's Bees offering because I think that overall it's better value for money.


Have you tried any of the day creams featured in today's post?
Would you consider changing your skincare routine to include more cruelty-free or natural products?


Share:

8 comments

  1. I haven't tried these products yet. I'm almost using all natural skincare brands for my face. My skin loves them. I will check your recommendations. Thanks for sharing :)

    Ana - hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment - I hope you find something you like!

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I really love the Caudalie and Bee Good ones :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely check these out. They sound great! Xx

    Alexandra | Glam O’Clock

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Bee Good one on my list to try! Have you tried the Vitalising Cleanser and Radiance Night Oil by Living Nature? Highly recommend! xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks a lot for sharing this post. I have been using Forest Essential products since a very long time now and i am in love with them. These are the products that i recommend to my best of friends. They help in glowing your sking without any side-effects. It's worth a try. These products are simply amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few products from Brut`s Bee and yes, i consider changing my skin routin to include more natural products.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig