UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 08, 2013

Mini Review Round-Up #1


I'm going to start doing 'Round Up' posts featuring any small or sample size products that I would like to review but that don't quite merit a full review of their own! I've got 5 products to talk to you about today.





First up is Weleda's Wild Rose Smoothing Day Cream which I picked up in the £10 Lucky Dip I bought off their website. I really love Weleda, especially their almond skin care range, so this day cream really appealed to me. It did a great job of moisturising my skin and left it feeling soft for aggges. However, it is quite strongly scented and this would put me off buying the full size version as my skin is very sensitive and I don't think I'd want to use a strongly scented product on my face every day. If you don't have sensitive skin, or if you have dry skin, then I'd definitely recommend this as it left my face (I mainly used it on my dry areas) beautifully soft, I was very impressed. 





The second product is also from Weleda and it is the gorgeous Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil. I absolutely loved using this, this 10ml sample lasted me 4 applications which means the full size version which I believe is 100ml would last me 40 applications. So although the full size isn't cheap it would last me a long time which is definitely encouraging me to buy it! This oil gave very long lasting hydration and absorbed relatively quickly (not instantly but I didn't have to stand about waiting for it to dry). The scent of this is gorgeous too, not too strong but definitely noticeable. Overall, I'm hugely impressed!





I've read some very mixed reviews about this Jason lip balm, but I personally LOVE it. I received it as part of January's Glossybox and from the first application I knew I was going to be getting a lot of use out of it. It melts onto lips gorgeously and it smells exactly like After Eight mints! I've been using this lip balm exclusively this month (which says a lot as I have a lot of lip balms so lots of competition) and I think I'll probably keep on doing so until I finish it. I'd definitely recommend this although I know a lot of people wouldn't agree with me. I personally really think that this is great.





Next up is the Body Shop's Tea Tree Clearing Lotion. This product could almost merit a review of its own, but I thought I'd include it here anyway as otherwise I won't be mentioning it for a while! I've been using this as a spot cream now that I've run out of my Laidbare Spot the Difference. It works brilliantly! It makes a visible difference overnight and it makes spots and redness just shrink and disappear- it actually obliterated one of those [painful under-the-skin nasties overnight (which is probably why I love it so much). It does dry out the skin a little bit when you apply it but I was expecting that. All in all I think this is great and it's also very affordable, this 15ml size is just £3 and it will last you very well if you only have the odd spot now and then.





Last up is another product from January's Glossybox. This is Duck Island Body Lotion in the Mandarin and Bergamot. I loved the scent but there's nothing much to rave about with this product. It felt quite odd to use as initially it feels very watery but when you rub it into the skin it turns out that it feels quite creamy. I enjoyed using it but I didn't love it, I'd certainly never repurchase it.



That's my first Round Up post over an done with! I hope you enjoyed it.
 Do you get through many sample-size products?



Share:

4 comments

  1. The skin clearing lotion sounds amazing, this is a great idea for a post series :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Body Shop Tea Tree Lotion, it's one of my go-to products for bad skin days. It's a pity that the Duck Island body lotion wasn't the greatest, the bottle is lovely!

    orla x
    http://hallofmirrorsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post! I really want to try the body shop skin lotion, sounds great and a bargain!

    www.bethbabblesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the Jason lipbalm! Though only tested it.. I need to use some of my current up and then it's a debate between that or the nivea.. hmm... So many! Trying to use them exclusively though... Haven't tried the body lotion I got in the glossy box yet. I love the bottle though.. the smell is nice too..

    Lizzums x
    http://benebelle.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig