UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 13, 2012

REVIEW: Laidbare DIY Two in One Cleanser and Toner


I first read about this product on Evelyn's blog (We Were Raised By Wolves) and I was really keen to try it after reading her glowing review. Shortly after this I actually found it in my local TK Maxx (seriously guys, if you haven't already scoured your local TK Maxx for goodies now is the time). I think I paid £3.99 for this which is about what I'd normally pay if I were to pick one up in Superdrug or Boots. This little beauty, however, has all the benefits of not having been tested on animals as well as being free from parabens, sulfates as well as synthetic colours and fragrance. I really love this is the sort of product, especially if it is something I am going to use daily (and in this case, probably twice a day).

I really can't stress how pleased I've been with all three of the Laidbare products that I've tried so far. This cleanser is just so gorgeously scented, to me is smells mainly of apples- sweet and rich but in a really light, refreshing way. When you apply it to your face you don't need to use very much as it lathers up like an absolute dream and makes it really easy and pleasurable to use. It leaves your skin feeling really clean and fresh without any tightness and on my sensitive skin (especially my cheeks at the moment) it hasn't had any sort of reaction. It's overall use has been an absolute pleasure and the effects are great.


I only have two small issues with this cleanser, but neither of which changes my feelings for it overall. Firstly, it doesn't remove my waterproof mascara, MaxFactor's Waterproof 2000 Calorie Mascara but it is just a general pain to remove and it's actually seriously putting me off using the mascara as no products seem equipped to deal with it. This cleanser does usually have no issue with make-up, all other eye make up has just melted on contact so you could use this as a make-up remover for any make-up that isn't completely water resistant. My second issue is to do with the packaging. The screw lid is economic and it allows it to stand up nicely next to my sink, but when it comes to taking it off on and putting it on with wet hands I have had some annoyed moments. It may be that I'm really clumsy, well, I know I'm really clumsy, but usually I don't have so much trouble! It is only a minor flaw but it's the one thing that I would change if I could redesign this product in any way.

All in all, this is an excellent product that I would highly recommend. I haven't been disappointed by any of Laidbare's products yet and I'd highly recommend the brand (if you're interested check out my reviews of their gorgeous Shea Butter Moisturiser and their really effective Spot Cream). You can find Laidbare's DIY Two in One Cleanser and Toner on MyPure.co.uk or Naturismo for £5.99. 



What cleanser are you using at the moment?


Angelica



Share:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the mention and I'm glad you like this cleanser! I'm sorry to hear it doesn't remove that waterproof mascara though, I think I only tried it with my Liz Earle Smudgeproof one when I reviewed it, so I'll have to try it out with my other waterproofs.

    Agree about the packaging, would be much handier if it came with a pump dispenser, but for the price I suppose it's not too bad :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig