UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 23, 2012

REVIEW: L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil


Last week I attended the Marie Claire Event at my local L'Occitane Store in Leeds where I made sure to test it out this product (along with some of the other Almond products) as I've been keen to buy them for a while. Long story short, when this range was used on my skin the delicate scent and moisturisation was a combination that I just fell in love with. Since then I've been indulging my skin by using this oil daily in the shower and it is just gorgeous! On contact with warm water it transforms into what is described on the reverse of the bottle as a "delicate foam" that cleanses without drying the skin out. It also leaves a very light almond scent lingering on the skin that you can enhance by following up with the use of other almond products, such as the Almond Milk Concentrate


After daily use of this oil my dry 'Winter' skin has been transformed without even picking up a tub of moisturiser! In addition, as it states on the bottle, it really does make a superb shaving oil. I've used this a couple of times when I've shaved my legs and not only does it improve the smoothness of shaving but it also stops skin from feeling dry or tight afterwards. 

This is quite an expensive product but it does go very far as you don't need much of it to cover your entire body, and even less if you're going to use this just as a shaving oil. Now that I've started using this I'm absolutely hooked, I really can't stress how much I like this. I bought it as part of the Delightful Almond Collection (which cost me £48) and the main bonus of getting the Almond Shower Oil as part of this collection is that it comes in a 500ml pump bottle which is incredibly shower-friendly and makes it really easy not to waste product. You can buy this Shower Oil in a 250ml bottle for £16.50 but it doesn't come with a pump dispenser. I'm sure the 500ml bottle is available out of the Gift Set but it isn't currently on L'Occitane's website.


Have you tried any L'Occitane products that you've fallen in love with? Or do you know of a shower oil that you love as much as I love this one? 


Angelica
Share:

22 comments

  1. This sounds lovely, I'v only ever tries the L'Occitane hand creams and love them so I can image this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just lovely, I'm absolutely loving L'Occitane products at the moment! xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds great, I'm very into oils atm, will definitely check this out. Thanks for this! xx

    http://ferdies-place.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love oils then this is definitely something to check out! It is just lovely xx

      Delete
  3. ACK!! Heard so much about this! Will def buy it when i pass by loccitane next time!

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has gotten some great reviews hasn't it :) I'd definitely recommend it xx

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your 100th follower! :D I've always begrudged paying so much for L'Occitane products because I can't see past the price, but the products are sooo huge, it's like you'd never finish them in a year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think that's the thing, the prices seem high but the quality is superb and some of the (like this shower oil) will last you very well! I definitely think it is worth the price tag xx

      Delete
  5. Great review! I'm going to check this out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I don't think you'll be disappointed if you do! xx

      Delete
  6. I was obsessed with this one last winter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see myself getting a bit obsessed with this too! xx

      Delete
  7. I've heard so many amazing things about this, I love almond scents so I'll be giving this a go very soon! I can't resist any longer hehe

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally gave in and it was totally worth it :) I actually wish that I'd tried it sooner xx

      Delete
  8. These always sound so luxurious I'm always very tempted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very luxurious isn't it :) I couldn't resit getting it xx

      Delete
  9. I've asked for the Almond set for my birthday, £48 is such good value especially when seperately the items retail for more than the box.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great value yeah :) and all the products are so lovely! Even the soaps which I was a little bit skeptical of at first xx

      Delete
  10. this is my favorite shower product ever! it's so soft and smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's become mine too! I absolutely love the scent and it leaves my skin clean but also really soft :) x

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig