UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

August 04, 2016

What Fits Inside: Smythson Mara Cosmetic Case Review

onelittlevice handbag blog: designer makeup bag
I received this pre-loved Smythson Mara Cosmetic Case as a gift last Christmas, and it was my first designer makeup bag. The cosmetic case is made from printed calf leather with an oil resistant satin-feel lining. As it was bought pre-loved I'm not  exactly sure about the name of case's colour, but it's a beautiful deep raspberry pink, and the lining is a matching shade.

Smythson is a luxury British brand whose leather goods I really do covet. Whether its handbags, purses or iPad cases, Smythson make high quality and practical options, all with very discreet branding. The Mara Cosmetic Case was my first Smythson small leather good, and I really did baby it for a long time as I was terrified of damaging the lining. However, after a couple of months of pretty regular use I've noticed that it's holding up very well. Although it was bought pre-loved, when it arrived it was in excellent unused condition and now there are only slight signs of wear.



onelittlevice handbag blog: designer makeup bag


In terms of size, I'd say that it's perfect for anyone who likes to travel minimally. It isn't going to hold an entire face of makeup but it is the right size for those products you might need for an after work touch-ups.


What Fits Inside:

The Balm Desert Bronzer / Blusher
Benefit Sunbeam Mini
Living Nature Lipstick in Pure Passion
Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream*
Roger & Gallet Creme Sublime Hand Cream
Japonesque Velvet Touch Concealer
Stila Convertible Colour Mini
Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in Enchant
Balance Me Natural Perfection BB Cream*
RMS Beauty Lip Shine in Honest
Roger & Gallet Fragrant Water (Sample Mini)
one little vice handbag blog: designer makeup bag


Personally, I find Smythson's Mara Cosmetic Case really stylish without sacrificing practicality. Not only am I always very proud to carry mine with me in my handbag, I also find that the design is functional (with a lovely robust zip!). Colour-wise, if I had paid full-price then I would probably have preferred a more neutral shade, like black or grey However, I am very happy with the raspberry pink shade, and it just happens to perfectly match my first pre-loved Smythson handbag purchase - which I'm sure will make it into a blog post in the near future.
onelittlevice handbag blog: designer makeup bag


Smythson's Mara Cosmetic Cases cost £195 new, and they're available to purchase from Smythson online.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig