UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

August 30, 2016

Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé in Fig/Opal Review



The first time I ever heard about Becca as a brand was when Fragrance Direct announced that they had some Becca "Beach Tints" in stock, and at ludicrously good discounts. I didn't really go out of my way to purchase any as I just didn't know anything about the brand. However, the influx of blogger reviews in the following weeks and months did finally pique my interest. Lots of posts contained references to other great products - such as the Shimmering Skin Perfectors - and this sent me on a good deal of swatch stalking and ended up with a good few hours of wasted time cooing over products on Space NK's website.



It wasn't until much later, when I was killing time before a blog event, that I found myself stood in front of the Becca stand inside Harvey Nichols - and that's when I first saw the Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflés (£22.00). With their gorgeous marbled colours, which mix together a blush and highlight shade, and their mousse texture I was utterly intrigued. I've always been a fan of cream blushes but these seemed like something different, something new and exciting. I got swatching and eventually settled on the Fig/Opal, which seemed like the most natural-looking for fair skin tones. Sadly, I chickened out of buying it there and then and had to wait another month until my birthday to receive it, but on July 3rd it arrived my hands and it was a story of true love from the very beginning.




Becca's Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflés have a really light mousse texture that means that the shades apply sheerly (but evenly) and offer a delicate multi-dimensional colour to the cheeks. I find Fig/Opal incredibly flattering on my fair/light skin, although because it is more of a rusty nude colour (rather than a true pink or coral) I think it's better suited to an autumnal and winter makeup palette than a spring or summer one. That being said, I have used Fig/Opal throughout the summer months and I found that although it does have a light consistency it still held up very well on my skin, outperforming my other favourite cream products from brands such as RMS Beauty.




Although I have a healthy number of makeup brushes, recently I've really been enjoying applying my makeup with my fingers - and at a push I'll reach for a makeup sponge, such as Real Technique's Miracle Complexion Sponge. Because the Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflés have such a thin consistency and offer such a sheer and natural-looking colour, I find that they're perfect to apply with your fingers. I've found that tapping the colour onto your cheeks, rather than trying to sweep it across, gives the best finished look as well as the longest lasting finish. The product seems to stick to my tinted moisturiser or foundation and just stays put, and even on bare skin I find that it lasts well.




As the Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflés contain a mixture of Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfectors and Beach Tints, I find that using the Soufflés alone (without highlighter) is enough for a glowing complexion. Not only are the shades available gorgeous but they're also great for cutting down on the number of products you need to apply to your skin. If you love multi-functional make-up - minus all the gimmicks! - then these Shimmer Soufflés would be a great addition to your makeup bag. If you're stuck on what shade to go for then I'd highly recommend googling swatches (there are some great ones on google images), but it wasn't until I saw these in person that I truly understood how different they were to other beauty products that I owned.

You can find Becca's Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflés, in a range of six shades, for £22.00 each.
Share:

5 comments

  1. This looks like such a stunning shade!
    Summer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shade is absolutely gorgeous. I love shimmery blushes, but I have never tried a cream product that is shimmery with color. Great post!

    Trecee
    http://treceefabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of these before but I love all the Becca products I've tried so I'll keep an eye out! x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shade is amazing! Love the review, you've talked about it so well!
    Kinga x
    www.rockthisrunway.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've swatched these a lot and they always catch my eye. The texture is really special x

    Coco | The Beauty Milk

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig