UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 12, 2016

My Exfoliating Goodies

Exfoliation for sensitive skin: onelittlevice beauty blog


I've been harping on about Ren's Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask (£32.00) quite a lot lately, but it's for very good reasons! Most skin can benefit from regular exfoliation, and mine is no exception. It doesn't matter what sort of cleanser or moisturiser I'm using, if I don't exfoliate then my skin just can't ever look its best. 

I have combination skin that's prone to dry patches, an oily t-zone and blackheads and blemishes - and I find that regular exfoliation helps with every single one of these issues! It really helps to declog my pores and also helps get rid of dead skin that naturally builds up across my face, reducing the number of visible dry patches. 

Most of the time, the sort of chemical exfoliation offered by Ren's Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask is enough to sort out my skin. However, recently I've been craving a manual exfoliater - a good old fashioned sort of scrub. However, as my skin is quite sensitive I have to choose manual exfoliators with very fine exfoliating particles. These sorts of products offer effective exfoliation that's still suitable for sensitive skin.

one little vice beauty blog: exfoliaiton for sensiitve skin

Instead of opting for any of the exfoliating products that I've used in the past, I decided to repurchase Lush's Let the Good Times Roll Cleanser (£6.95). Although it's advertised as a cleanser, Let The Good Times Roll is a very gently exfoliating product that works really well for my skin. Containing maize flour, corn oil, polenta, and cinnamon, it smells warm and sweet (similar to popcorn) and feels really nice as you massage it onto wet skin. 

I typically use Ren's face mask at least once a week (normally followed by a cleansing clay mask), and now I'm also using Lush's cleanser at least once a week too. Mixing chemical and manual exfoliants is definitely what works best for my skin. I love chemical exfoliators as they always leave my complexion looking seriously radiant. However, I find that there really isn't anything like a manual exfoliater to help decongest the pores across my chin and nose.

So today's overriding message is don't skip exfoliation, just look for the right products for your skin type. If you have any recommendations for me - or for anyone else reading today's post - then please do leave them in a comment. 
Share:

1 comment

  1. I've been really good and got in the habit of using an exfoliating mask once a week - it makes such a difference. I haven't got a manual scrub though, they generally feel too harsh - maybe I just haven't found the right one for me! xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig