UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 18, 2015

Organic Beauty Week: Organic Everyday Makeup

one little vice beauty blog: organic beauty week


After researching brands and products for this blogpost I've come to the conclusion that I really don't own (or even know about) that much organic makeup! It was slightly more difficult than I expected to find an entire face of organic makeup in my beauty collection, but Green People very kindly sent me their Tinted Moisturiser* to use as my base product as this was the last thing that I was looking for! 

This makeup look is super natural, almost "no-makeup makeup", but it's exactly the sort of thing I'd wear on an everyday basis. It just leaves me feeling and looking slightly more polished and it's super low-maintenance as, other than my lip colour, I didn't need to top-up on anything throughout the day.


one little vice beauty blog: organic everyday makeup



This summer I almost completely ditched foundation and started wearing tinted moisturisers (ESPA's Radiant Tinted Moisturiser* and Balance Me's BB Cream*) on a daily basis. Although I already have some really lovely natural products, until Green People kindly sent me their Age Defy Tinted Moisturiser DD Cream* I hadn't tried any organic alternatives. This tinted moisturiser contains 98.4% natural and 13% organic ingredients and I really love it's sheer coverage. It has a thicker, creamier texture than the two makeup bases I've been wearing over the summer, and I feel as though I can use less product for a similar finish. I also think that this consistency is better for my combination skin as it feels and looks less "dewy" once applied. As you can see from my photos, Green People's Tinted Moisturiser doesn't leave me with flawless looking skin but it does leave my complexion looking much more even in tone. For me, this is the perfect everyday base product; it's easy and quick to apply, lasts well throughout the day and doesn't leave me looking like I'm wearing much makeup. I'm really impressed and the light shade looks like a great colour match! This is also available in Medium, and coming soon is the new Fair shade.


one little vice beauty blog: organic everyday makeup
one little vice beauty blog: organic everyday makeup

RMS Beauty's products do not currently have an organic certification (this is for complex reasons connected to the lack of uniform standards in organic certification), but the majority of the ingredients used by RMS Beauty are certified as organic (by the USDA and NOP) and these are indicated on product packaging. The Living Luminizer is almost entirely made up of certified organic ingredients and it's my all-time favourite highlighter. Made from nourishing natural ingredients such as caster seed oil, coconut oil and beeswax, RMS Beauty's products feel much more like skincare than makeup. They actively nourish the skin as you wear them and the Living Lumizer imparts a natural-looking, but noticeable, glow. It's hard to capture in photographs and mine definitely doesn't do it justice, but it really helps to brighten up my complexion. In 2009, Elle magazine voted the Living Luminizer the best beauty product of the year and I think that it's stood the test of time because it's definitely been on of my favourite beauty discoveries. I like to apply this with my fingers, patting the product along the tops of my cheek bones and on my cupid's bow.

Green People Mineral Powder Blush in Peach* (£19.75)

As I used a cream highlighter I usually apply my powder blush afterwards using my Sephora Cheekbone Brush (which is small but fluffy). I absolutely love this powder blush, the colour is really easy to wear and it isn't too pigmented either. I like to build up to my preferred colour rather than having to desperately blend out something that's applied too heavily! I don't usually wear powder blushers because I try to avoid using talc on my skin, but Green People offer two blushers that are talc-free and contain 11.2% certified organic ingredients. I'd definitely recommend them and at some point in the future I'd quite like to add the other shade to my collection.


onelittlevice beauty blog: organic everyday makeup

Here's another gorgeous product from Green People! Not only do I really love the mascara's wand but the product itself is also 98.4% natural and 15.4% organic. It's been one of my most used mascaras this year and I'd definitely like to repurchase it again soon. I find that it adds both length and volume, and it doesn't smudge throughout the day. If you're on the hunt for a good natural mascara then I'd highly, highly recommend this one.

I couldn't find out the exact organic content of these two Inika beauty products, but I've always thought that Inika make gorgeous natural makeup. Their eyeliners glide on real smoothly, and although they don't last for quite as long as I'm used to I still really enjoy wearing them. I also think that the formula of their brow pencils is really great too, but the colour match isn't quite right for me. Brunette Beauty has quite an orange undertone so I have to use a really light hand when I'm applying it. I have to admit that I don't regularly reach for it but for the sake of today's blogpost I wanted everything I used to be organic. If you know of any other natural and organic brow pencils then do let me know in a comment as I'd love to try some out!


onelittlevice beauty blog: organic everyday makeup
one little vice beauty blog: organic everyday makeup

I'd wanted to try RMS Beauty's Lip Shines for a long time, so I was delighted when I recieved the shade Honest as a present on my birthday back in July. I find that it's a really easy shade to wear and I like to reach for it on minimal makeup days as I find that it compliments natural makeup-looks. The colour is slightly lighter and pinker than I'd initially expected (I was hoping for more of a rosy-brown nude) but as it's quite unlike any of my other lip products it means I've gotten more use out of it than I would have done otherwise. I love the hydrating formula of RMS Beauty's products, and the Lip Shines are really comfortable to wear. As you might expect from a glossy product they don't last tremendously well on the lips, however, that being said, they're much better than Mac Lustre Lipsticks which are one of my regular glossy lipstick choices. After trying Honest out I'm convinced that I'd rather buy over any similar sheer, glossy lip product and I'm going to try and restrain myself from making impulse lipstick purchases. If I can refrain from splurging on other products then later on this year I plan on picking up a couple of other Lip Shine shades - probably the nude brown and the bright fuschia. I'd definitely recommend these, and like the Living Luminzer the majority of the ingredients are certified organic.


That concludes the products I used in today's FOTD. I hope you that you've enjoyed the third installment of my Organic Beauty Week series, and if you have any organic beauty recommendations then please do let me know in the comments!

Share:

1 comment

  1. I love this type of "no makeup" makeup for everyday. That rms lip shine is stunning. x

    Renata
    ENTER MY GIVEAWAY
    Win an UD Naked Palette (1,2,3 or Smoky) or an Anastasia Contour Kit

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig