UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 20, 2015

Switching Up My Cleanser: La Roche Posay and Green People





Since posting about my skincare routine for dehydrated, combination skin I haven't really deviated from that routine as I found that it works really well for my skin. However, with the season changing before my eyes I've decided to slowly start changing things up. The big change that I've made this week is that I've swapped out my La Roche Posay cleanser and I'm replacing it with one from Green People.




This summer I've been removing my makeup with La Roche Posay's Micellar Water Gel (£12.00*) and I don't have any complaints whatsoever about the product. It works really well on non-waterproof makeup and the best part is that you don't need to use any cotton pads. You just massage the product into your face and then rinse it away. For the last month I've been using my Konjac Angel Face Cloth* to help remove every last bit of makeup and cleanser from my face but you could also use a muslin cloth or flannel for a similar effect. I really like using La Roche Posay's Micellar Water Gel so I'm not going to be changing part of my routine until I finish the product. At which point I'll probably go back to using a micellar water as I have a couple of those lurking in my stash which need to be reviewed at some point. What I am going to be changing is my "second cleanse", the product I use to cleanse my skin once all of my makeup has been removed.

Over the summer I've been using La Roche Posay's Effaclar H Cleansing Mousse (£10.00*) as my second cleanser. I've found that in the warmer months (when my skin is noticeably more oily on my t-zone) it's done a really nice job of helping my skin to look healthy and spot-free. Although it does have a foaming mousse consistency, I really haven't noticed it drying out my skin at all. However, I do use it as part of a balance skincare routine which is focused on two tasks; keeping my skin free from blemishes and reinjecting some much needed moisturise. It's important not to destabilize your skin - so it's good to avoid stripping it with harsh cleansers or overloading it with heavy moisturisers - and I've found that the Effaclar H Cleansing Mousse has worked well as part of my balanced skincare program.



All this being said, the weather in London has already taken a turn towards the autumnal. I can't see temperatures reaching the highs they were during July and August, and I know that my skin gets drier and more sensitive in the cooler months. So what I want to do is preempt any issues by changing my potentially drying cleanser for something a little bit more gentle and nourishing. I've swapping out the foaming mousse and replacing it with Green People's natural and creamy Gentle Cleanse and Makeup Remover (£19.95*). I've gone through a bottle of this in the past and have really, really enjoyed using it. I found that it was very gentle but still effective at keeping my skin clean and clear. Plus, it not only has a wonderful natural fragrance from the inclusion of rose geranium (which I adore) but additionally 91.6% of the ingredients are organic.

If you missed my post earlier this week about the #Campaign4Clarity then you should definitely go and give that a read - but, basically, Green People aren't a "greenwashed" company and when they say a product is organic they really mean that it's organic! Products with such a high organic content are surprisingly hard to find but Green People offer 100 really lovely organic beauty products, all of which are available on their website. If you're looking to switch up your skincare, bodycare or even your makeup, then I'd highly recommend checking out what Green People have to offer!


I'm very glad to have Green People's Gentle Cleanse and Makeup Remover* back in my routine but I did very much enjoy trying out La Roche Posay's Effaclar H Cleansing Mousse - in the end, I liked it much more than I thought I would! What cleanser have you been using this summer? Are you planning on changing up your skincare routine as we move into Autumn?
Share:

3 comments

  1. My skin does exactly the same in the cooler months of the year and i'm considering different items too. I wrote a post on my choices here http://blogabooketc.com/2015/09/beauty-autumn-must-haves/ - let me know what you think and if you have tried any i'd like to know if they work for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still using that Green People cleanser - I think I'll always re-purchase it because it's so reliable and effective xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love La Roche Posay, every thing I try from them is brilliant!

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig