UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 02, 2015

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation in Opal

high full coverage foundation lightweight spf long lasting: one little vice beauty blog

Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation* is a product that I've always been intrigued to try. It's an incredibly high coverage foundation that's able to cover acne, scarring, uneven skintone etc. all thanks to it's creamy, fluid formula. I was sent the shade Opal (the palest shade currently available) to try out and I had mixed results. I found that the foundation was really easy to apply and blend, and it did give impeccable coverage - even when I only used a very small amount of product. However, the shade Opal wasn't quite right for my skin as it had quite a strong yellow tone that didn't match the skin on my neck or chest. As the foundation offers full, opaque coverage if you're not using the right shade then it's much more noticeable than when you're using a sheer foundation. That being said, Opal was a good match for me in terms of lightness - it didn't leave my skin looking darker than it should be - but it wouldn't be suitable for anyone with fairer skin than my own.

I've included before and after photos of me wearing Vichy's Dermablend Corrective Foundation in Opal so that you can get a better idea of the colour and coverage that it offers.

vichy full coverage foundation for scars acne before photo
full coverage foundation for acne scars birthmarks: one little vice beauty blog

In these photos I applied Vichy's Dermablend Foundation with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which helped to give an even coverage. You can see from my photos that the foundation offers full coverage in just one layer, and if you had a particular skin concern that you wished to mask then you could easily build up the coverage further. Although the colour isn't necessarily a perfect match for me, the formula is so good that you really can buff and blend to get a nice looking finish. The best part is that even though it offers very high coverage the foundation feels pretty lightweight on your skin and as it's very long-lasting you can sort of forget that it's there. It's a very wearable and comfortable product to use, and the added bonus of a SPF 35 makes it fantastic for using duing the summer. It isn't necessarily a foundation that I'm personally going to reach for everyday, but it serves a great purpose it's incredibly good at what it does. If you're looking for a high coverage foundation then you might not be able to find one better than Vichy's Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation* - which is available from Escentual for £18.00.


Do you ever wear full coverage foundation?
Have you tried any of Vichy's Dermablend range before?

Share:

5 comments

  1. I've been through so many tubes of this! I do have to make sure I blend carefully to make the colour work, but the coverage is amazing and doesn't break me out. Hopefully they will extend the shade range in the future xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed that something with such heavy coverage can feel so light - I hope they extend the colour range too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skin looks so good with this foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it really high high coverage? I need someting to cover up my scars... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice result with this oundaton.
    Thank you for this lovely review.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig