UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 14, 2015

Urtekram's Organic Beauty Range

one little vice beauty blog: urtekram organic cosmetics review


Urtekram is a Danish organic beauty brand, offering a range of plant-based and natural skincare and bodycare products. I discovered Urtekram for the first time when I attended the Natural and Organic Product Show earlier this year, and recently the brand got in touch with me and very kindly offered me the opportunity to try some of their beauty products. I'm always very grateful to recieve review samples so I can talk about new brands and share my experiences and product recommendations with you. I'm particularly happy to showcase natural and organic alternatives, and to swap them into my own routine whenever possible. I don't believe that you have to compromise your standards - or break your budget - to use natural, organic or cruelty-free, it's all about finding the right brand and products for you. 

 Urtekram is a particularly good brand to know about as all of their 59 products are certified organic, hypoallergenic and are also approved by the Vegan society. In addition, they're also all free of parabens, synthetic ingredients and aritifical colours; and with prices starting at £1.75, Urtekram is an affordable brand helping to make organic and cruelty-free beauty products accessible options for everyone. Urtekram very kindly sent me four products to try out for myself, today I'll be talking you through which products they sent me, but my full reviews will be coming later this month when I've had the chance to properly test them out.


one little vice beauty blog: certfiied organic & cruelty free hand cream



25% of the ingredients of Urtekram's No Perfume Hand Cream come from Organic farming
Urtekram's No Perfume Hand Cream is Vegan and cruelty-free

Ingredients: Water, aloe vera*, vegetable oil products, almond oil*, shea butter*, glycerine**, corn starch*, jojoba oil*, evening primrose oil*, polysaccharide, citric acid, vitamin E. * = Organic farming. ** = Made using organic ingredients.  [INCI ingredients list also available on packaging & online] 

It's really refreshing to find an affordable hand cream where you can easily understand all of the ingredients list, and are able to recognise the purpose of the majority - if not all - of the ingredients. Not only that, but I don't feel as if choosing Urtekram's natural beauty products has meant that I have to compromise on anything.  I really like the texture and aethetics of the packaging, and my first impression of the product itself is very positive. Initially, the hand cream feels as though it's a cross between a lotion and a cream - with a relatively light texture. However, once massaged into the skin the hand cream absorbs quickly and leaves behind a slightly tacky protective layer on the skin that makes it feel a lot more nourishing than I'd initially expected. It's an interesting product and I'm looking forward to testing it out further.


one little vice beauty blog: organic aluminium free deoderant lime





11% of Urtekram's Deo Crystal Roll-On Deodorant in Lime ingredients come from Organic farming
Urtekram's Deo Crystal Roll-On in Lime is Vegan, cruelty-free and aluminium free

Ingredients: Water, glycerine**, crystal, polysaccharide, lemon oil*, lime oil, patchouli oil*. * = organic farming. ** = made using organic ingredients. Shake before use. Naturally occurring crystals dissolve by heating bottle in water. [INCI ingredients also available on packaging and online]

I'm not as keen on the aethetics of the packaging of Urtekram's Deo Crystal Roll-On in Lime, but it does have a functional roller-ball applicator that makes the deodorant easy to apply. The scent of the deoderant is noticeably lime-y, but it's much sweeter and less zesty than I'd initially expected. The derodorant itself is in liquid form and I'd worried that it might apply feeling very wet, but the rollerball distributes just enough product which absorbs into my skin very quickly. On first impressions alone, I'm impressed with the application and the functionality of the packaging. I'll have to test this out throughout the month to see how effective the deodorant is and how it compares to other natural alternatives that I've previously tried.



one little vice beauty blog: organic vegan cruelty free soap


Urtekram Aloe Vera Soap Bar* | rrp £1.89

80% of Urtekram's Aloe Vera Soap Bar ingredients come from Organic farming
Urtekram's Aloe Vera Soap Bar is Vegan and cruelty-free

Ingredients:Soap from vegetable oil**, aloe vera*, orange oil*. Nothing else. (* = Organic Farming, ** = made using organic ingredients) [INCI ingredients also available on packaging and online]

I'm not one to get too excited about bars of soap but I must admit that this one smells absolutely heavenly! Although it benefits from the goodness of aloe vera, the fragrance of the soap bar is very keenly influenced by the orange oil content which gives it a fresh orange scent. I like the overall aesthetic of the packaging, the scent is fabulous and it's great value for money compared to similar soaps. I'll be swapping this into my bathroom in place of Method's Pear Hand Wash and I'll see how I get along with it.


one little vice beauty blog: organic haircare haul for dry hair


Urtekram Rose Shampoo for Dry Hair* | rrp £5.29 (250ml) 

13% of Urtekram's Rose Shampoo for Dry Hair ingredients come from Organic Farming
Urtekram's Rose Shampoo for Dry Hair is Vegan and cruelty-free

Ingredients: Water, vegetable oil products, corn sugar soap, aloe vera*, glycerine**, rose flower extract*, rose geranium oil*, perfume (plant extract), hydrolysed corn starch, sugar beet extract, salt, polysaccharide, citric acid, vitamin E. * = Organic farming. ** = Made using organic ingredients [INCI ingredients also on packaging and available online]

Urtekram's Rose Shampoo for Dry Hair enjoys that rich rose scent that I've come across before in "Rose Otto" products from brands such as Ren and Balance Me. If you're looking for a budget alternative to those brands then this range would definitely be worth trying as the scent is very similar. The consistency of the shampoo is a medium-thickness gel that has a very delicate lather when massaged into your hair. I really like the packaging and the scent and I'm looking forward to properly trying out the shampoo to see if it works for my hair. 



All in all, I've had a really good first impression of Urtekram's beauty range and you'll be hearing more from me about these products soon. Have you tried anything from Urtekram before? You can find their products for sale online at Ecco Verde.


Share:

1 comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig