UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 05, 2015

My Current Cleansing Routine

one little vice beauty blog: la roche posay and balance me gentle cleansing products


My cleansing routine doesn't get enough love. Cleansers, make-up removers and toners are products that I reach for every single day, and yet they don't often get to enjoy the limelight. Often this is because I use the same products for months - this was certainly the case when I was using on my Murad skincare routine - but recently I've shaken things up a little bit. I'm working on a bit of a trial-and-error basis to find a better routine to help my skin look and feel it's best, and today I'll be sharing the products that I'm reaching for at the moment. 


one little vice beauty blog: gentle gel cleanser french pharmacy



I've been a fan of micellar waters - such as Bioderma and Vichy's Normaderm Micellar Solution - for a long time now, but La Roche Posay's new Micellar Water Gel is taking the micellar water trend in a fun new direction! One of the big downsides of using a micellar water is that you have to use cotton pads. For some, this is wasteful and for others it's just inconvenient - I can't tell you how often I forget to repurchase them! As far as I'm concerned, La Roche Posay's Micellar Water Gel offers a perfect solution; you apply the make-up remover with your fingers by massaging the gel into your skin and then you just rinse it away with water. It works really well at removing make-up, especially eye make-up as I find it much easier to remove every last bit when I can gently massage the product with my fingers. Unlike some products, it doesn't sting your eyes at all I'm an absolute convert to this stuff as it's just so easy to use.


one little vice beauty blog: balance me new cleanser


Balance Me Collagen Boost Restore and Replenish Cream Cleanser* | rrp £18.00


You might have spotted this cleanser in my post about Balance Me's upcoming new releases as it's going to be made available for purchase this month. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I think it's a really nice product. It has a lovely creamy consistency without feeling too heavy on the skin and it leaves my face feeling soft, nourished and, most importantly, clean. Balance Me's Collagen Boost Restore and Replenish Cream Cleanser is primarily an addition for an anti-ageing routine as the ingredients all work to target the signs of ageing. However, if you have dry skin then I think that it would also work really well for you. Personally, although it's done a good job of keeping my skin feeling in top-shape it doesn't bring everything that I need to the table. I have combination and blemish-prone skin, I think that it's wored well at helping to balance my skin but it hasn't been that helpful at tackling my blemishes. All in all, I think that Balance Me's Collagen Boost Cleanser is a really great product but it isn't the right choice for my skin at the moment. 


one little vice beauty blog: gentle skincare for blemish prone skin



I've read so much about Serozinc in the last year or so, and I think that reading so many glowing reviews may have raised my expectations a little bit. Serozinc is a zinc sulfate solution that you can use as a toner after you've finished cleansing and it's supposed to help deal with blemishes. I love how easy it is to use Serozinc, it's housed in an aerosal can which offers an incredibly fine mist and it only takes a moment to spritz the product onto your skin. I've found that it's probably one of the easiest toners to incorporate into my routine because of the packaging, however, it has revolutionized my skin like many reviews had suggested it might. What I've found is that since incorporating Serozinc into my routine I haven't had any major breakouts (certainly an improvement for me) but it hasn't really helped with any of the smaller or recurring blemishes that I struggle with. I think that if you approach Serozinc with realistic expectations then you'd really enjoy the results that it offers. I'm most certainly going to continue using it because, although it isn't the miracle product I'd hoped for, it's a really good addition to my skincare routine.


Have you tried any of these products?
What skincare products do you swear by?


Share:

4 comments

  1. I love Serozinc but I don't like spraying it in face so I use it on a cotton pad.
    Really helps soothe my breakouts!

    Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Serozinc, it does so much to soothe and prevent breakouts! I will definitely check out their micellar water :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about Serozinc - it helps but doesn't perform miracles! I tend to spritz it on a cotton pad rather than direct, especially if I have an open spot as you can feel it killing the bacteria (it slightly stings) xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig