UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 13, 2015

Escentual Skincare Haul

one little vice beauty blog: french pharmacy skincare haul

Last week I wrote a blog post about +Escentual's incredible French Pharmacy Skincare discounts, and all of the skincare recommendations that Escentual's digital team have been kind enough to give me. My skin has really changed in the last few months and one of my new primary skin concerns is dehydration and dry patches. As far as dryness goes I thought I had that base covered as I usually rely on skin oils. However, when it comes to dehydrated skin I had no idea how to treat it and my routine just wasn't working to help "fix" my skin. 

It was around the time when I was well and truly frustrated with not being able to help my skin look its best when I stumbled across one of Escentual's periscopes. Emma - one of the voices behind Escentual's social media, and a great content writer - talked through some of her skincare recommendations for dehydrated skin and I was able to ask some questions. Her advice really helped me and it gave me some tips on how to easily shake up my routine to help my skin. One part of this process was introducing some new products, so cue a little skincare haul.


one little vice beauty blog: escentual french pharmacy skincare


available from Escentual for £12.00

The first product I decided to buy was Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Cream - a very light weight moisturiser that contains hyularonic acid. I wanted an evening moisturiser that was light enough not to clog my pores but that was full of ingredients to actively re-hydrate my skin. This product suits my budget and I've had great resuts from Vichy's skincare in the past. I'll be going into more detail about how this moisturiser works for me in a future blog post, and I'll be using this in the evenings from now on.


one little vice beauty blog: escentual french pharamcy skincare


available from Escentual for £2.33

I love water sprays, I find them incredibly refreshing and soothing on my skin. I didn't buy Evian's Facial Spray because of Emma's recommendations, but I did want a handbag sized bottle to carry around with me during the day. I swear by Vichy and Avene's thermal water sprays but I used to use Evian's sprays years ago when they were readily available. They've been missing from the market for a while now but I'm really glad to see them back in stock in the UK so I couldn't help but pick one up.




available from Escentual for £20.66

This purchase was definitely inspired by Escentual's recommendations. Along with the inclusion of more hyularonic acid in my skincare routine I also want to start using a hydrating face mask more regularly. I already own Origins' Drink Up Overnight Mask but I haven't seen drastic improvement in my skin so I thought I'd try something new. Darphin's Hydrating Kiwi Mask is a bit of a splurge price-wise but Escentual's 30% discount really encouraged me to put it to the test. I'll be doing a full post on the skincare products I've been trialling to combat my dehydration so keep your eyes peeled for that if you're interested in seeing a full review on the effectiveness of this mask.


one little vice beauty blog: discounted french pharmacy skincare online haul

It's horrible when you feel out of control of anything, especially something so connected to your visual identity as your skin - but it really does make a difference to recieve helpful advice and product recommendations. I'm really glad I picked up these new bits from Escentual and I'll be posting about my new skincare routine soon, with updates on the products I'm using coming after that. Let me know if you have any advice or recommendations for dehydrated or dry skin - and where do you like to shop for skincare?



Share:

5 comments

  1. I've been so impressed with Escentual recently! Not only is their social media content incredible, I love the fact that they are willing to help you find the perfect product. Then when you pair that with their amazing offers, it's just a great deal!

    Stephanie xxx
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/hope-freedom-love-3436251

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm intrigued by the kiwi mask! I finally bought the Effaclar AI from Escentual you recommended ages ago! I couldn't resist a third off xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, the Kiwi mask sounds so nice! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooks like great products!
    Thnk you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use honey and eau thermale ( from Avene or any other brand).

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig