UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 10, 2015

My Bodycare Line-Up For Happy, Hydrated & Bronzed Skin

one little vice beauty blog: ESPA Naturally Radiant Gradual Tan and Burt's bees Ultimate Care Body lotion review


Sometimes one product is all you need, and sometimes there's a benefit to having a few options. I get through body lotions like almost nothing else in my routine because I religiously moisturise at least every other day. Although it's a bit time consuming it does have it's benefits, I've tried so many different products that it's now much easier for me to tell a good product from a mediocre one. At the moment there are three products that I'm regualrly reaching for - I've been using them all for about a month - and I thought I'd give you a run through on how I'm getting along with each of them.


one little vice beauty blog: effective long lasting gradual tan



I know that the weather in England has been a bit cold and rainy recently, but we have had the odd burst of sunshine over the last couple of months and as a result I have been baring a little bit more skin. I don't usually "properly" fake tan but I do love using gradual self tanning products during the warmer months - and ESPA's Naturally Radiant Gradual Tan is without a doubt the best gradual tan that I've tried so far. In one application it gives an even and noticeable dose of golden colour, and not only that but, thanks to ingredients such as sweet almond oil and shea butter, it also really hydrates and nourishes your skin. You get all the goodness of an effective body lotion alongside a long-lasting and natural-looking gradual tan. I'd say that for those who aren't really "into" tanning then just one application of ESPA's Naturally Radiant Gradual Tan would give you just enough colour to leave you looking sunkissed. Personally, I like using this twice - one application on two consecutive days - to achieve a natural but noticeable colour. I find that the results last approximately one week, fading gradually and evenly before I exfoliate my skin and re-apply the gradual tan. One word of warning, I do apply this gradual tan with a tanning mitt to get the most natural and streak-free colour and when I've tried to apply it without a mitt I haven't achieved a finish that I was happy with. But if you can get on board with a tanning mitt and practice a bit then I think that this could really impress you. It's a bit of an investment product but it's so much better than it's highstreet equivalents and I'd definitely repurchase this over other similar products that I've tried before.


one little vice beauty blog: effective moisturiser for soft smooth skin



From the very first time that I used Burt's Bees Ultimate Care Body Lotion I knew that it was something special. I didn't initially expect that much as I found the consistency relatively light and thin, however, once you begin massaging the body lotion into your skin it emulsifies and starts feeling richer and creamier. It then absorbs into my skin pretty quickly and leaves it feelins incredibly smooth and soft - and the results are pretty long lasting too! For a body lotion, Burt's Bees Ultimate Care is the best I've yet to try - it marries the convenience of a lotion with the results of a much thicker, heavier product. I've been using this all over my body every other day for about a month and it's probably got another week's worth of product left. I think that, considering how effective it is, it's incredibly good value for money and I'd definitely repurchase this for myself and will be recommending it to my friends and family. As first insights go, this has been a fantastic introduction to Burt's Bee's bodycare and I'm really keen to check out what other gems they have to offer.


one little vice beauty blog: very light refreshing spray moisturiser



A Passion For Natural make one of my favourite body butters, so when they offered to send me some of the other products in their range I very gladly accepted. Among the products I was sent was this moisturising mist - a very light moisturiser in a really convenient spray bottle that works at 360 degrees. If you have really dry skin then this isn't going to be a product to transform your skin, however, if you just want something incredibly easy and quick to perk-up your skin then it's an absolute dream. I reach for this on days when I can't really be bothered to apply my Burt's Bee's Ultimate Care Body Lotion (or on the inbetween days when I don't use it) and it keeps my skin feeling soft and smooth. It's perfect for applying to areas of bare skin - such as your arms and legs - before you go out, just to leave them looking their best. I couldn't rely on this alone but I have really appreciated having this to hand and I think it's a lot better than the similar Vaseline spray moisturiser that I tried last year.  



Have you tried any of these products before?
What body moisturisers do you enjoy using?

Share:

1 comment

  1. I had no idea Burts Bees did body lotion, but if its anything like their hand creams I bet is lovely!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig