UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 24, 2015

Alva Organic Liquid Eyeshadow in Pale Almond

one little vice beauty blog: organic makeup from MyPure


Alva's Organic Liquid Eyeshadow in Pale Almond* is a product that instantly appealed to me. I absolutely love cream eyeshadows and I loved the idea of an organic cream shadow in a super pretty metallic champagne shade. However, the formula of Alva's Liquid Eyeshadows is quite unlike anything that I've tried before as it's very, very wet. This isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, I love how cooling it feels to apply and how light it feels on my eyelid, but it does mean that I had to get the knack of applying it properly. I've been wearing the shade Pale Almond all month and I think I've finally cracked the best way to wear it!


one little vice beauty blog: green makeup cream eye shadowone little vice beauty blog: everyday organic green cream eye shadow


Alva's Organic Liquid Eyeshadow in Pale Almond* is a stunning colour that brightens the eyes and that would probably suit most people. I find that on my hooded eyelids it does crease without a primer, but when I use it over a primer (I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion) it has tremendous lasting power. The key to application is to achieve a thin and even layer of product, either from using a brush  to distribute product or from blotting it out with your fingers (which I think works best). If I want a subtle brightening effect then I use just one layer, but when I want a more opaque colour I build up the layers until I'm satisfied with the result.

Unlike other cream or gel eyeshadows Alva's Liquid Eyeshadows take a little extra time to dry and set, all you have to do is keep your eye closed for a moment longer than you normally would so that the product doesn't smudge or move before it's completely dry. And honestly, once it's set it isn't going anywhere! Once I'd gotten the knack of the application, I was incredibly impressed with how it performed and I would highly recommend it. The colour is just so wearable and the light, fresh consistency makes it a wonderful choice for the summer.



Share:

2 comments

  1. Think this would take me a while to get the hang of too, but it looks so worth it. Gorgeous colour!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shae, thank you for this nice review!
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig