UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 11, 2015

A Mini Pamper Routine

one little vice beauty blog: a mini pamper routine


Every now and then I like to take a little bit of extra time for myself, catching up on some of the less fun or exciting beauty tasks, and one of these tasks is the good old fashioned pedicure. I don't know why, but there isn't a home beauty pamper that leaves me feeling better than a pedicure, the knowledge that my feet are in tip-top shape just makes me feel a bit more pulled-together. Today's post is dedicated to the products that I reached for during my latest pedicure pamper routine.


one little vice beauty blog: effective gentle body scrub and hydrating body cream



I always begin with a good exfoliation. Whether it's your face, your body or your feet, all moisturising products will be more effective if you apply them onto an exfoliated and smooth canvas. I finished a sample size of Clarins' Exfoliating Body Scrub before very kindly being gifted the full-size by John Lewis Kingston. This body scrub was featured in InStyle's top beauty picks and I can most certainly see why. Clarins' Exfoliating Body Scrub is really effective whilst still being gentle, it's a creamy product packed full micro exfoliating particles that allow to achieve the right level of exfoliation for your skin. I don't think I've ever tried anything better than this body scrub and it left my feet wonderfully soft. I then followed up by apply a healthy dose of A Passion for Natural's Aloe Vera Body Butter, one of my favourite body moisturisers. It's incredibly hydrating and has a very light aloe scent that leaves you feeling lovely and fresh. I much prefer it to the Body Shop's Body Butters, and I think it's the best product from A Passion for Naturals bodycare range. 


one little vice beauty blog: manicure pedicure at home

When it comes to pedicure "preparation", making sure your nails are kept in good condition is an important part of a routine. I nearly always wear nail polish on my toes, so the night before I intend to reapply my nail polish I'll remove what's on my nails and apply a liberal dose of CND's Solar Oil. I've been sample sizes of this product for a really long time now and I think that it's helped my nails to grow stronger and look more healthy. I also like using Micro Cell 2000's Cuticle Care Nail Pen to gently push back all my cuticles. The Cuticle Care Nail Pen is actually full of it's own oils that help to rehyrate and treat your cuticles and the new part of the nail that you expose as you move your cuticle back. I find that the Cuticle Care Pen is a lot more kind on my nails than other products I've used in the past and it's become an integral part of my routine.


one little vice beauty blog: a mini manicure pedicure pamper routine


Orly Nail Lacquer in Clear | rrp £10.95 (discounted price £1.99)
Essie Nail Polish in Merino Cool | rrp £7.99 (discounted price £2.49)

Before I begin applying my nail polish I usually use a clean cotton pad to absorb any product or natural oils that might be on my nails. Once that's removed I then apply a nail polish base, recently I've been a little bit lazy on this front and I've just been using Orly's Nail Lacquer in Clear as my base and top coat. I've found that it works well enough at protecting my nails from staining, but it doesn't prolong the wear of my nail polish like Sally Hansen's base coat does. The nail polish I'm wearing at the moment is Essie's Merino Cool, it's a really interested purple-toned dark grey. It's a little bit more autumn/winter than I'd intially hoped, but with the weather being so gloomy and cold it still feels appropriate. Personally, I really like the shade and I can definitely see myself reaching for it again.


What products do you reach for during pedicures?
What nail polish are you wearing at the moment?


Share:

2 comments

  1. Painting my nails totally gives me my ten minutes of relaxation! I think that's why I do it so much! At the moment I'm obsessed with Essie, a bright pink shade!

    Stephanie xxx
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/hope-freedom-love-3436251

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely routine,I love the Essie Nail Polishes,specilly this color!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig