UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 27, 2015

5 Products for a Simple Summer Makeup Routine

one little vice beauty blog: summer makeup recommendations


Simple summer makeup is everything to me right now. The humidity in London has been killing my mojo recently and I just cannot bring myself to faff about with anything. Hairstyles, makeup - it all has to involve a quick and simple routine that leaves me looking as fabulous as possible. Over the last week I've been reaching for the same five products on repeat, I might change up my concealer or add in a cream eyeshadow but I've remained faithful to these five basics. If you're looking for a quick and effortless look that's summer appropriate then this will be for you.


one little vice beauty blog: simple summer makeup routine


I was recently sent the Claudia Louch Mousse Foundation* and initially I was a little bit underwhelmed. It's an expensive foundation so I assumed it would offer a hefty dose of coverage, but in fact what it brings to the table is something a little bit more sophisticated. It's a new-age mousse foundation which offers light and comfortable coverage that's really easy to apply and completely undetectable on my skin. It took me a while to get used to it but now I'm really enjoying the novelty of the consistency. If you're looking for something different, and lightweight enough to enjoy throughout the summer, then this is definitely an option worth considering.

After evening out the appearance of my skin I look to seriously bronze my skin. It's hard for anyone with fair skin to find a natural-looking bronzing powder - especially when you're avoiding talc. However, Vita Liberata Trystal Minerals is just perfect and ticks all the right boxes for me! It's really finely milled, applies and blends like a dream and skirts a fine line between subtlety and "wow you look like you've been on holiday!". I love this product and I've been reaching for it every single day, sweeping it across my cheeks and temples. 


simple summer makeup routine: one little vice beauty blog


If you want to continue down the bronzed goddess avenue then I'd definitely recommend donning a nude lip gloss. RMK Vintage Drop Gloss in 04* has been my favourite choice for a really long time now, and you can tell by how much I've used up! It offers serious glass-like shine and a really comfortable consistency. If you're looking for something more shimmery and plumping then another product I really like is Mac's Lipglass in Oh Baby. However, this feels much less hydrating on the lips than the RMK Drop Gloss.





On my eyes I've been rocking winged eyeliner and the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner* has been my staple. I've had this in my collection since December but I haven't given it much love. Although it's a really gorgeous product it isn't quite budge-proof on me, so I have to be careful that I only apply a really fine line across my lids. That being said, I love how easy it is to use and the colour can be built up until it's wonderfully opaque and dramatic.


simple summer makeup routine: one little vice beauty blog

On my eyelashes I've been opting for something a little softer, reacing for the Living Nature Thickening Mascara in Blackened Brown*. I do prefer using natural mascaras because my eye area is sensitive and I hate the idea of getting chemicals in my eye. The colour and brush of Living Nature's Mascara in Blackened Brown is just perfect for what I'm looking for, but the formula feels slightly heavier than I'm used to. If you like your eyelashes to look curled then you'd definitely need to use an eyelash curler before applying this mascara, however, it doesn't smudge throughout the day so it's a reliable choice.

one little vice beauty blog: 5 beauty products for summer makeup


What products do you reach for a lot over the summer?
Is there anything new that you think I should try?


Share:

8 comments

  1. I really want to try the Bobbi Brown eyeliner as it looks so good on everyone! You have such good precision with it too, i am not very skilled with eyeliner haha. I love your photography in this post! xx

    New Post - Leah Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leah :) I'm not super talented with eyeliner, but I do find using a smaller, shorter brush makes it much easier to get a precise line! That might be something you should look into to make it easier :) xx

      Delete
  2. This is a really nice, natural look :) I really need to re-purchase the Bobbi Brown gel liner - nothing else compares! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Bobbi Brown eyeliner looks so good! I love the whole look, so natural and pretty. My summer routine is pretty simple- a mascara, some bronze eyeshadow and a lipgloss and I'm ready to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Bobbi Brown eyeliner, it lasts so well on me x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look!
    it s natural,beautiful and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the foundation! Not quite enough coverage but the formula is beautifully light xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Vichy BB cream and Max Factor loose powder.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig