UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 16, 2014

The Beauty Repurchasables



Since I began blogging I've definitely become more fickle when it comes to repurchasing products. New beauty products are released so often that I often feel pressured to give up on 'old faithfuls' so I can keep up with the constant barrage of newly emerging lines. What this does mean though is that when I do go out of my way to repurchase a product I know it must be pretty darn good, good enough to avoid a 'the grass is greener' mindset.  Today's post features nine different beauty products that I've repurchased and I'll briefly walk you through why they've maintained a place in my routine.




Moroccanoil Treatment
This hair oil has been raved about by many people (including myself) and I find that it really does make a big difference to the look and feel of my hair. I don't use it every time I wash my hair - simply because it would be too expensive a habit for me to maintain - but I do use it at least once or twice a week. I find I'm always left with softer, smoother and more healthy looking hair. I would definitely recommend it, especially these small 25ml bottles which make for affordable gifts (whether that be from  someone else or as a little treat to yourself).




Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
I bought my first tub of Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub early last year and I used it all the time. Sadly, my first pot has now expired and I've cracked open a second one which I picked up in their Christmas sale. I find that it's a fabulous product to use for keeping my lips smooth and soft which I feel like I especially need to do as I'm a big fan of lipsticks (which always look better on freshly exfoliated lips).




Lush Honey Trap Lip Balm
I think I probably raved about this enough last year but if you want to know all the virtues of this lip balm (and why it's worth it's pretty heft price tag) you should read the post I wrote about it here. It has convinced a friend or two of mine to pick one of these up and I couldn't help but repurchase it when mine ran out.




Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
I have combination skin but that doesn't mean that it doesn't sometimes need an injection of moisture, especially my cheeks which can get very dry and red. Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask is a wonderful product, you apply it like you would a moisturiser and leave it on your face overnight. I find that I always wake up with smoother skin and a more radiant complexion and I've never had any problems with it breaking me out. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone, especially those who struggle with dry patches or have overall dry or dehydrated skin.





Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
Another Origins' face mask but this one is fantastic at declogging congested skin. If you have blackheads then this face mask should be on your radar. I find that it really helps clear out my skin as well as helping me manage the oilier areas of my face as the day after I use it I find my skin gets a lot less oily. I love this mask and my 100ml tube lasted me about six months of weekly (sometimes as much as twice a week) use. 




Lush's Porridge Soap
Lush's Porridge Soap is one of my favourite Lush products. I absolutely adore the scent of it and I find that it imparts its fragrance into the air when it isn't in use, leaving my whole bathroom smelling rather delectable. It contains oat pinheads which offer exfoliation but the oat soap itself is very mild and gentle so it doesn't aggravate the skin. I like to use it to wash and exfoliate my hands before I moisturise them but it also is great when used in the shower as it lathers up really well.

Good Things Total Wipe Out Cleansing Wipes
I'm not usually a big fan on cleansing wipes (they don't really cleanse the skin all that well) but when it comes to speeding up the removal of make-up I absolutely love these face wipes from Good Things. They're very moist which means they aren't scratchy and don't irritate the skin and they smell glorious - they smell quite strongly of berries but the fragrance isn't at all irritating to my skin.




The Body Shop Tea Tree Clearing Lotion
I couldn't go without mentioning a couple of products from The Body Shop. I love this Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion, especially the small 15ml bottle, which is fantastic when used as a spot treatment. It is really effective without being too harsh or drying skin out too much. And the small tube is very portable so you can keep it in your hand bag to apply it whenever you feel like a spot might be emerging.

The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream
The last product I'm going to mention today is The Body Shop's Aloe Soothing Night Cream. I find it strikes the perfect balance between being intensely hydrating without being too heavy. It never breaks me out and it really does calm and soothe my drier and more sensitive areas of skin. I'd highly recommend the whole of The Body Shop's Aloe line but I especially love this Night Cream and the Serum. 




That concludes today's post! It's been a bit long but I hope it's given you an idea of some of the products that I really, really love. I like knowing the products that people repurchase over and over as it gives me a better idea of what is a passing fancy and what people's established staples are. I'd love to know what are some of your 'forever repurchased' beauty products!





Share:

2 comments

  1. Great products, I love the Bubblegum lip scrub and Origins mask - it's incredible for the skin :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have combination skin too, my cheeks and temples get super dry and patchy. I really must try Origins Drink Up Intensive and Clear Improvements as they've both been on my wishlist for months!
    I love love love Lush bubblegum scrub and porridge soap, two delicious faves!

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    Peach Pow XO

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig