UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 07, 2013

My Hair Care Routine Staples

hair care routine combination hair


Through trial and error I've narrowed down my at home summer hair care routine to five essentials. Now, don't get me wrong, I do flit about with different products here and there but these are the products I find my reaching for daily without fail.



Up first is my shampoo choice of the moment. I'm pretty disloyal when it comes to haircare but I'm nearly through this bottle of Aussie's Mega Shampoo and I like it enough to pick up another bottle. That's high praise from me! It's gives a pretty thorough cleanse in just one application (which is great for me as I'm not shampooing daily and therefore often have dry shampoo to get rid off) so I don't ever need to rinse and repeat but, importantly, it doesn't dry out my hair. Best of all this is really easily available and pretty affordable too! I really need to try more of the Aussie range, if you have any recommendations do let me know in the comments.

I've been trying to be better about using conditioner - I used to find it really hard to summon the energy to bother! My conditioner of choice has been going strong since Christmas and it's Kerastase's Cristaliste Lait Cristal. This conditioner is like a miracle in a bottle. You only need the smallest amount and I leave this on my hair for a minute (usually whilst I shave / douse myself in moisturising shower oil). Once you rinse it off your hair is honestly transformed into healthy, shiny looking hair. I would find it hard to go back to using anything else after this as it's hard to find something so nourishing and effective that doesn't weigh down my hair.

I added in this very light Soy Tri Wheat Leave-In Conditioner from Healthy Sexy Hair when I received for my birthday in early July and I've really been enjoying it. It's incredibly light (I really can't stress this enough) with a very fine mist making it perfect to use as a detangling spray. It won't weigh your hair down at all and best of all it smells flipping magical, like mouth-wateringly good (sort of like cocoa butter but the scent is lighter and sweeter). I apply a spritz of this into soaking wet hair before using my tangle teezer and I love it.

Once I've towel dried my hair I like to use a hair oil (or hair serum, but generally I prefer hair oils) to nourish, condition but more importantly de-frizz. I find that Moroccan Oil, Macadamia Oil and L'Oreal Elvive's Extraordinary Oil for Fine Hair to be the best options. Though, I've almost completely used up my 125ml of Macadamia Healing Oil Spray so it's safe to say that I reach for that the most. It also doubles up as a fantastic overnight conditioning treatment and I often use it for this purpose too.

Lastly, I don't always reach for hair spray but recently I've found one that I really like and I've been using it a lot. L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hair Spray (Normal Hold) is a very good hairspray and it's helped me out recently, especially when I've been tying my hair up (which has been quite a regular occurrence). I know it's a pretty basic, staple product but I've been using it a lot so it merited a mention!



 I'm on the look out for new hair products to try in the future so any and all recommendations would be much appreciated. What haircare or hair styling products would you consider to be your staples?



Follow me via: [Bloglovin [Facebook] [She Said Beauty] [Twitter]
Share:

6 comments

  1. I love Aussie shampoo! The leave in conditioners work an absolute treat too :) xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love leave in conditioners, will have to give that one a try xx

      Delete
  2. I like Aussie as well. I've heard their 3 minute deep conditioner is amazing but haven't been able to find it in stores here so I need to order online eventually. I really want to try the macademia line as well. lately I have been loving the l'oreal deep conditioning mask in replenishing but mostly i have some products i'm not a huge fan of and am trying to use up :(

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really keen to try the l'oreal mask, i've seen it written about more and more lately. I hate having to use things up that I really don't like! xx

      Delete
  3. I loooooove Aussie - their heat protection spray and three minute treatment are my must haves! The Kerestase conditioner sounds amazing *worships* xx

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I run out of the products I have I think I'm going to try both of those! Wanted to try more of the aussie range for so long now xx

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig