UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

April 08, 2013

Subtle and Gorgeous: Dainty Doll Blush in Money Talks (003)

packaging box
packaging
colour bronzer contour blush
face swatch colour color contour bronzer


Dainty Doll was a brand that I'd never tried before but when I saw their products on Fragrance Direct for seriously discounted prices I couldn't say no to giving them a try! I initially fell in love with shade 004 (You are my Sunshine) which I featured in my March Favourites post but Dainty Doll's Blush in shade 003 (Money Talks) is really subtle and needs to be applied for you to be able to see what a stunning colour it is. I find it hard to describe this as a blush as, in my opinion, the shade of it looks a lot closer to what I'd call a bronzer. I certainly use this as a bronzer / contouring product as I don't expect it to add much 'blush' to my complexion. However, I think the look of this product as a bronzer/contour is absolutely stunning. It's actually achieved a considerable amount of compliments which obviously makes me pick it up more often than other bronzers / contouring products that I've reached for in the past.

In the above photo of my make-up, I'm wearing the sort of products that I'd normally team this blush with. I'm wearing Maxfactor's Clump Defy mascara, Eyeko's Pen Eye Liner, the Body Shop's eyebrow pencil in Blonde and Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Precious. On my Skin I'm wearing very minimal base products, just a Revlon foundation and Collection concealer. I find that if I'm in a rush adding 'Money Talks' with a Real Techniques Blusher Brush is not only very quick but it's pretty fool proof. It's hard to apply too much and it's very easy to blend to create a natural bronzed cheek. As the product isn't at all orange there is now stark contrasts for pale skin and the final effect is really subtle. I think that it's a gorgeous colour and a fantastic product, especially for £1.99! This is going to be a go-to shade for me for summer as it looks great  even when I'm only wearing a light foundation and mascara, but also adds a subtle elegance to a smokey eye as a powder highlighter can be blended across the top of the cheekbone very easily producing a more dramatic (but still not too in-your-face) contour.



I love this and I'd definitely recommend it! If you're pale like me I think you'll love wearing this :) Keep on checking websites like Fragrance Direct and Half Price Perfumes as it comes in and out of stock regularly. 


Share:

12 comments

  1. This is so, so nice! I would use it as a bronzer too. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour is beautiful! I need to get myself on Fragrance direct now! haha! Great post, you are goregous :)
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that's really nice of you to say :) The colour is super super gorgeous, I'd highly recommend it to anyone with pale skin like me xx

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous look, I've been after a blush like this and just checked the price - wow! Definitely added to my basket!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's really perfect timining to pick it up too! It'll look especially lovely worn all through summer xx

      Delete
  4. I've reviewed this on my blog too! It's gorgeous isn't it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely :) Didn't expect it to look so subtle and wearable, it was a lovely surprise! xx

      Delete
  5. I received my 2 Dainty Doll blushers through the post today from Fragrance Direct :) So excited to try them! This looks like a lovely bronzer, wish I picked this up too! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty Angelica! I have this very shade... it's gorgeous xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really nice on you. Your make-up looks lovely. Whenever I check they are always out of stock :( I have far too much stuff anyway, haha

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently got some Dainty Doll goodies from fragrance direct, amazon and ebay. I am yet to post about them, but the blushes are a good selection the shades are so lovely. Nice little post and great blog. Have just started following you.

    Kate - Sparkle Dust x

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig