UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

March 15, 2013

REVIEW: Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze


cream eyeshadow drugstore highstreet review brown bronze
cream eye shadow brown bronze highstreet drugstore
swatch review bronze brown cream eye shadow
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' available in Boots and Superdrug for £4.99.


A haul or so ago I picked up this much talked about Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze'. I'd like to say 'I don't know why I didn't get this' but I know why I didn't. Cream eye shadows tend to not work on me, I have hooded eyelids and creasing is a real problem for me, even with mineral and pressed powder eye shadows. I decided to finally give it a go when I fell in love with the shade in-store, I put it in my basket in the off-shot that it might have a formula to die for that I could make work somehow.


I've used it quite a few times since I bought it and I've tried it out in a number of different ways; I've used it alone, layered, over an eye shadow primer and, finally, as an eye shadow primer. First off, using this alone in a single sweep across the lid looks really gorgeous but it creases and transfers in no time what so ever (about 90 minutes-2 hours). I'd only ever wear it like that if I just wanted something quick to put on before darting out to the shops. Layering this up (so I'd apply one layer, wait for it to dry and then apply another layer) improves wear time before I see creasing and transfer but I still would have to reapply this throughout the day if I wanted to stay looking neatly made-up. Using this over an eye shadow primer (I use Darling Girl's Eye Primer) is my favourite way to wear this, there will eventually be creasing but it takes a lot longer for it to appear, if I apply it in the morning I'd see creasing by 5pm but it wouldn't be awful. I also don't mind using this as a primer itself, it works well at improving wear time of my powder shadows but I don't think that it is better than my usual primer. Also, using it this way means that you don't get to see the gorgeous colour of it which is just a terrible shame in my opinion.


Overall, I definitely happy that I picked one of the Colour Tattoos up. It takes a bit of effort to make it work for me but I think that it's worth it as the colour is just gorgeous. I don't think I'll be picking up any more shades, but that's mainly because this is the only one of the UK range that I like. If any new ones come out that are similar to this then.



Do you own any of the Maybelline Colour Tattoos? Do you like them?


Share:

15 comments

  1. I've been meaning to pick up this shade, it looks gorgeous, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one so much! I also have the Taupe one, and the Pink Gold one too. I think they're so cheap.. and versatile too :D xx
    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're super affordable, I love the look of the pink gold one I just don't think I'd wear it much xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a pretty shade, I really don't know why I've not tried any of these yet! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt a bit like this! I picked mine up really late compared to other people. Sometimes its hard to keep up with everything that's released xx

      Delete
  4. I have this and I really love the shade. I just don't know how to wear it!
    Im very subtle with my makeup during the day. Maybe I need to branch out a little :P

    Louminous

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A single slick of this over the lid is quite subtle, I personally love how it looks! It just doesn't wear well with one layer which is such a shame xx

      Delete
  5. I just reviewed the burgundy shade of this on my blog, Iv'e got this one and too and i love it ! x

    busyxbees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that review out! I love the sound of a burgundy shade xx

      Delete
  6. This is such a gorgeous colour. Cream eyeshadows are so bad for creasing though, glad to hear these are ok with primers x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it! And I know, I struggle to wear them but this one is okay to others that I've tried xx

      Delete
  7. I really want this one! Lame about the creasing though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked this shade the best :) The creasing is bad on my lids but they're quite hooded, it might be better on you! xx

      Delete
  8. I have hooded and pretty oily lids so I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig