UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

March 20, 2013

International Beauty Exchange with LifeOfKSong


A while ago I noticed Naomi from Bewitchery talking on twitter about a Beauty Blogger Swap that she was organizing. I was keen to get involved so I messaged her and it wasn't long until she paired me up with Kathy from Life of K. Song, a really wonderful blogger from Canada. We emailed quite a few times back and forth discussing what colours we liked, what products we were interested in and what brands we'd like to try. I really enjoyed these emails but the super fun bit was shopping for someone else! It was incredibly fun and a really different experience than shopping for myself. It made me notice that I was stuck in a bit of a make-up rut as I noticed that I regularly completely overlooked certain brands and products. But when I shopped for Kathy I started to notice that there were tonnes of products and brands that I really should get around to trying out, it was a great eye opener. 

After about two weeks of emailing and shopping, I packaged up all of the products I'd bought (you can read Kathy's post, which has a list of what I sent her, here) and sent them off to Canada! Kathy had sent her parcel a day or two before I sent mine and it took a week to arrive. When it got here I couldn't have been more excited, I literally ripped the box open and just surrounded myself with gorgeous Canadian beauty products that I had been lusting after for oh so long. You can see what Kathy sent me below.




Oh my goodness, just looking at it makes me tingle all over! The Baby Lips in Cherry Me is absolutely gorgeous, the Revlon Lipstains are both in shades we can't get in the UK and I love them both- they've been getting some serious wear! The Physicians Formula Nude Palette is just so me, I haven't tried it yet but I can see it becoming an everyday staple. I'm super excited to try the Bouncy Blush and the Essence products and that Covergirl Mascara is going to be broken out once I have to throw away my MaxFactor one. Ohhhh! The excitement of make-up! Kathy also sent me some really lovely samples (including a very generous sample of a Kerestase hair mask!) in a lovely little make-up bag. The whole package was really lovely and I appreciated the thought she put into all the products as they were all so very 'me', and I'll be wearing them all lots!


The whole experience has been fantastic and it has really made me feel very positive about the beauty community. Naomi did a lovely thing organizing this swap and I owe her many a thank you, and Kathy was a fantastic blogger to swap with and I really love her blog too. It was a great way to find a new daily read! If you've been toying with the idea of taking part in a Beauty Exchange then I'd really recommend going for it, and if you're a non-UK blogger and are ever looking to do a swap with someone in the UK then do feel free to email me as I'd love to take part in other swaps in the future!



Have you ever taken part in a beauty exchange? What product(s) would you like me to review first?



Share:

11 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) Kathy sent me some really lovely things xx

      Delete
  2. this look amazing! what a great swap :) I want a baby lips... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They totally live up to the hype! I'm in love with the one Kathy sent me xx

      Delete
  3. I am so so so jealous! Hahaha! You got some amazing things, and that eyeshadow palette looks gorgeous! xx
    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet but I'm really excited to! It looks like something that I could easily start using every day xx

      Delete
  4. I've done this with chocolate but not with beauty items haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to do this with chocolate! What a great idea :) xx

      Delete
  5. Fab swap! I'm doing one with an American blogger and we should be posting our goodies in the next few weeks :-) so excited!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so exciting! I'll look forward to reading any posts you write about it :) xx

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig