UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 19, 2012

REVIEW: Johnson's Daily Essentials Oil Balancing Facial Cleansing Wipes


I know face wipes aren't the most exciting products but I (and I assume others must do too) get through quite a lot of these over the course of the year and I've yet to find a HG variety. However, these Johnson ones are pretty darn good- a lot better than the others that I've reviewed so far. They are specifically for 'combination skin' and they do a very good job of getting rid of make-up (waterproof mascara included) and at keeping my skin clean on those evenings when I just can't bring myself to do my whole skincare routine. I've just finished the packet after using them for about three weeks, mainly to get most of my make-up off before cleansing but they're also great to use after the gym or before reapplying make-up in the evening.

One word of warning though, these weren't as friendly to my sensitive skin as I would have liked. I didn't have too much trouble but I won't be continuing to use these for removing eye make-up as they just aren't quite gentle enough- always a toss up for me between something for very sensitive skin and being able to budge my water-resistant make-up. However, if you don't have sensitive skin, and especially if you have combination skin, I really would give these a try. I've been really happy with them as the wipes are quite soft (quite a lot smoother than the Garnier wipes I'd been using previously) and aren't at all dry so you can use them with quite a delicate touch and still get beautifully clean skin.


I would repurchase these but not specifically to get rid of eye make-up, these would probably be something I'd go for in the summer when my skin is at its oiliest. They're definitely worth a try though, I think I'll be picking up the Dreamy Skin variety to try next. These Oil Balancing Facial Cleansing Wipes are available in Superdrug stores and online for £1.52 (normally £3.05).


Do you use any face wipes that you'd recommend?


Angelica






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig