UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 30, 2012

SEPTEMBER EMPTIES



So here are September's empties! I've got quite a lot here to show you- sorry about the not-so-great photos that have been on my blog so far. I've actually just bought a new camera so that from next week onwards I can post better photos. 



No 7 Protect and Perfect Hand Cream

No 7 Protect and Perfect hand cream
No. 7's Protect and Perfect hand cream is one of the richest most luxurious feeling hand creams that I've ever used. I really really loved it and once I've finished up my little stock pile of hand creams I will be purchasing a full size version of this. I'd definitely recommend you to give this a try if you want seriously soft hands!



Lush Sugar Scrub
This is the sad remnants of my Lush Sugar Scrub. I bought this product and used it a couple of times before going on holiday and on my return it had completely dried out and I couldn't finish it. To be honest I was really disappointed with this product, I'd read a lot of positive reviews raving about it and I just didn't think it lived up to the hype. It was good if you want some rough exfoliation (which my skin can only handle now and then) but for regular use I wouldn't turn to this. This won't be going on my repurchase list.




The Body Shop Rainforest Volume Conditioner (small size)
I got this as a freebie when I placed order with the Body Shop online. It isn't the best conditioner but I like that it doesn't have parabens, colourants or silicones in it as I am generally always looking for products to fall in love with that aren't packed full of chemicals. I wouldn't buy this in the fullsize but I would recommend trying minis like this one as they're a great way of getting into new products without committing to a massive amount that will last months.



The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day and Night Cream
I used these moisturisers for all of August and I really think that they played a big part in how good my skin looked over the summer. They're incredibly moisturising but they both sink into the skin quite quickly (naturally the thinner day moisturiser sunk in quickest). I'd really recommend these to anyone who has sensitive skin as they were really gentle and I had no problems using them whatsoever. These are definitely two products that I want more of especially as I think they're amazing value given their quality and the effects  that they had on my skin.




The Body Shop Wild Rose hand cream
I nicknamed this product 'the hand cream that would never end'. It isn't bad but it was a let down compared to the Body Shop's Almond hand cream which I really love. It smells lovely (not as lovely as the almond one though!) but it isn't that deeply moisturising which is something I look for as my hands do tend to get quite dry.  This product for me really highlighted the importance of not buying things online unless you've tried them instore!



Insitut Esthederm UV inCellium Bronzant
I used this when I went to Athens at the beginning of the month and I gave it a proper test! I sprayed one of my arms every day with this and I didn't spray the other one and when I came home at the end of the week there was no difference between the tan on my arms. I was disappointed that this didn't do what it advertised but I was glad that I got to try it out as part of a beauty box as now I know not to buy products like these in the future.



Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara in Absolute Black
This is one of my favourite ever mascaras and I'm actually going to a full post on this so keep your eyes peeled for that.




Toni & Guy Firm Hold Hairspray
This product comes with a lid but I seem to have lost it! It's a good hairspray but nothing out of the ordinary, I don't think I'd repurchase this but not because its bad, more because I had this for so long and I want to try something different.


So there you have it, those were my empties from this month. I seem to have gotten through quite a bit but I have a feeling that there will be even more next month as I am most of the way through quite a lot of products. I'm looking forward to hearing what products you've loved, or hated, this month so do leave me a comment letting me know!


Angelica


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig